Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Distance Record!

My plan to run 8 miles yesterday was foiled. Sunday I didn't get to the grocery so I had to go last night. I volunteer on Monday nights until 6pm. The plan was to go home eat dinner, go to the grocery while my food settled, and hit the pavement around 8-830. Long story short, I was trapped at the place I volunteer until about 630-700 waiting for the police to show up, which made everything else run later, which meant it was dark out by the time I was done at the grocery and I was exhausted.

I was afraid my run tonight was not going to happen either. I left work half hour later than expected and it took me 3x's as long to get home because of an accident on the highway (which was gone by the time I made it there). I decided to eat something quick and small, get ready and hit the pavement. I made a peanut butter sandwich with natural chunky peanut butter and an Arnold Select sandwich thin. Got ready and out I went. I was SO excited to make this new distance record! Here's how the run went...

Mile 1 - A bit humid, but that was okay because the sun was going down
Mile 2.5 - I should NOT have eaten that sandwich, I'm pretty sure I'm going to toss my cookies!
Miles 3-4.5 Went okay, my stomach wasn't so bad. I was really surprised that I saw maybe 1 person on the trail the whole time.
Mile 4.5-5.0 - Okay, enough is enough, I'm going to get sick. I stop and walk, and wouldn't you know like 15 people pass by. What the heck?
Mile 6.0-6.5 -  I decided to hold on to my cookies. I stopped for a drink of water and it helped tremendously!
Mile 6.5-7.5 - All up hill! Really?!? That was the toughest mile of all!
Mile 7.5-8 - WOO-HOO! Reminding myself that you never regret a good run!

The bugs were out all over the place tonight.. I won't go in to all the details, but I even found one by my belly button - and I had a shirt on! Ewww!

Oh yes, and I had another Snow White moment on my run tonight. I passed about 5 bunny rabbits that were on the trail that just stayed put and watched me run by. Literally less than 3 feet away from me! Kind of odd. Maybe this is all just a dream?!?

I searched today, hoping I could find someplace I logged my miles for the first half of the year, but to no avail. This 1010 is going to be tough but I'm going to try my hardest!

One more thing... I'm having a REALLY difficult in the nutrition department. I signed up for Livestrong a while ago; entered my height, weight, and fitness goals. I follow the calorie advice and  add more calories when I log work outs. I'm still finding myself hungry throughout the day, and my BF is at a standstill. Any advice?

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!