Saturday, November 27, 2010

New Drink

I've read a few different blogs that have talked about drinking a 'Monster'... This protein-packed drink that is really green and does NOT look tasty. None-the-less, I wanted to try it. Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point mentioned it again in her blog post 'Worth it' so I decided to try it today. I didn't have the green-food based protein powder she mentions, so I made my own little version.


In the cup...
1 whole banana, sliced
1 cup spinach leaves
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup raw oats
5 large ice cubes


Blend... and... she's right - it really does taste good. It tastes MUCH better than it looks!!! Try it and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I do something like that... but a little different! I use 1 whole banana, 1/2 cup flax seed, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup almond milk, and 1 cup of frozen mangoes. Pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these recipes sound so good! Thanks for sharing!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked at how good Green Monsters tasted too. I love them now!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!