Monday, December 6, 2010

2011 New Years Resolutions

Each year I come up with a list of my New Years Resolutions. I'm a big 'list' person, so I guess it fits my style. Here is my list for 2011...

Simplify and consolidate! I feel like I keep track of too many things in too many different places! For 2011, I will consolidate where information is stored and get rid of the ones I’m no longer using… I keep track of a lot of things… days I spend alone time with God; days I exercise and types of exercises performed; miles run; food eaten; monthly weigh-ins with my hubby; days and types of mental/emotional feedings; prayer journal; praise journal; and more I’m probably not even thinking about right now! I started keeping track of all these things to try and maintain balance in my life but I think too much information in too many places is overwhelming. Also, did you know there is a de-friend day on FB? Apparently I missed that this year though, so I’m going to find my own day to do it! I have people on there that I said ‘Hi’ to once when I was in the 9th grade, never talked to them again and never go on to read any of their updates. I hope that doesn’t make me a bad person. There are 300+ people on my FB. While that’s not a lot, I’m going for simple in 2011.


Realistic fitness goals! Last year I tried to hit 20 miles per week. While some weeks I did well to exceed that number, there were many times that life got in the way and I wasn’t able to make it. I would get frustrated those weeks when I didn’t hit 20 miles. So for 2011, I’m going to have a goal of 15 miles per week. In addition to my miles, I want to strength train twice a week. That’s obtainable so I have no reason to make excuses! A few years ago, my goal was to workout more consistently. I am glad I made that a resolution. I stuck to it and now working out has become second nature to me. It’s part of my lifestyle!


Mental Health! This actually covers a few different areas in my life. Spending time with God, mental affirmations and memorization!!! This needs to happen on a daily basis, but I’m not close to that yet. So, for now, I’ll say at least 4 days a week.


Stop being so busy! I can’t tell you how many months of the year we had something going on almost every night of the week. I took a few months and had to tell people we were taking time off of scheduling things. I know it sounds crazy, but being so busy can really wear you down! The Hubby loves when someone can call us and ask if we want to hang out that night and we can actually do it. (instead of having it booked a month in advance) 2011 will be a less busy year for us!

Stop using the word “just”… I say it WAY too much… I even went back through this post and removed all of them.

I might add more, but for now, these are the ones I’ve come up with!
What are your New Years Resolutions? Are you good at keeping them?

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm one of your newest followers!
    I really like your page, btw.
    I'm also a runner, but not long distance- the hurdlers. :)

    p.s. I'm a rather large list maker myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is so true! :0) Good luck with your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!