Monday, April 25, 2011

Protein Pancakes

I am not able to have many protein powders due to the ingredients. Some of the stuff they put in those things just does not agree with my stomach. When I found this recipe, I was really excited. Protein pancakes sans protein powder! Batch #1 was NO good, batch #2 was wonderful! I did not take pictures of this wonderful meal, because my camera was MIA during the production!

Protein Pancakes (recipe taken from Fitness magazine)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of cinnamon

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix/blend into a batter consistency. Heat cooking spray in a nonstick skillet and pour 1/4 cup of the batter in at a time to make 1 pancake. Cook 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.

Recipe makes 6 pancakes.
Nutrition Information (per 1 pancake)
Calories: 52
Carbs: 6
Fat: 1
Protein: 6

I top mine with spray butter and fresh blueberries (calories for these are not added in above). The magazine says to top with agave nectar and fresh berries. It also says the nutrition score per pancake is 260 calories and 25g of protein. Not sure where the discrepancy in the protein is coming from.

If you try the recipe, be sure to come back and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!