Friday, February 3, 2012

PureFit Nutrition Bars

I don't know about you, but I am always on the lookout for new protein bars. For me, a good protein bar needs to be lower in calories, high in protein, no artificial sweeteners, taste delicious, be reasonable in cost, and preferably have mostly natural ingredients.

I had the pleasure of sampling PureFit Nutrition Bars. Granola crunch and Almond crunch were the first two I tried because I thought they looked delicious. The Granola crunch was really, really good and the Almond crunch was good - but also a little dry for my taste. Then I moved on to the Berry Almond crunch. I'm not sure why I didn't save this one for last. Normally I do not like bars with fruit in them, but this one was SOOOO good! Next was on to the brownie crunch. It really did taste like a brownie! This one upset my tummy a little bit, but chocolate can have that effect on me anyway. So, if you don't have issues with chocolate, this is an amazing bar. Last but not least was the Peanut butter crunch bar. This one was good, but a little dry also like the Almond crunch.

Overall, my favorite of them would have been a tie between the Granola crunch and the Berry Almond crunch.

Here are the stats on the bars:
Calories: 210-220
Fat: 6-7
Saturated Fat: 0.5-1.5
Trans Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 150-180
Carbs: 24-26
Fiber: 2-4
Sugar: 13-14
Protein: 18

Overall, I highly recommend these bars. They do not have artificial sweeteners, they taste delicious, they're lower calorie and they have a decent amount of protein. The ONLY thing that may prevent me from getting these again in the future is the price. Even with a discount, they run about $2/bar. I tend to wait until my normal protein bars go on sale (they get all the way down to $1) and then I stock up. With all of the other benefits of these bars, if you are okay with paying $2/bar - they are definitely worth it.

PureFit sent me these products free for review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own, honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!