Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A little break

This past weekend was full of Christmas festivities and not so great food choices.
Friday night my husband took me on a date. We went to the Claddagh Irish Pub and I had their Monte Cristo and fries. We then went to see a movie and grabbed some Coldstone Creamery on the way out.



Saturday was Christmas with his immediate family. Tradition for this is that we order pizza for lunch, and have TONS of appetizers and cookies to keep us satisfied for the remainder of the day. Oh my, it was all wonderful and I was extremely full.

Sunday I was still full from Saturday but know that it’s a good idea to have breakfast anyway, so I started healthy with a banana, Lunabar, and 100% orange juice. After church we headed to my aunts house for my extended family’s Christmas gathering. There was turkey, ham, stuffing, candied yams, rolls, veggie casseroles, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes, and more… Then there was the dessert table; cookies, fudge, chocolate covered pretzels… All kinds of goodness. I still wasn’t very hungry but I ate anyway. The food was all delicious. Chad and I had some pretzel bagels and bagel dip left from Saturday’s events, so we finished that off for a late night snack.

Needless to say by the end of the weekend, I was overstuffed and READY to hit the gym. I was going to email my trainer to let her know how terrible I was with my food choices over the weekend and give her permission to make me suffer. No email was needed. She did that any way. I started with my normal 1 mile warm up, and then we did 20 minutes of INTENSE upper and lower body strength training. Normally we do 30 minutes, but she said because it was so intense, we’d only do 20. Thank God! I wanted to get some extra cardio in, so after work I went back to the gym for more! I did an additional 5 miles and felt SO great afterwards.

Today is a different story. The plan for today was to run 5 miles. With all of the leg exercises we did yesterday plus the miles, my legs are a little sore today. Instead of pushing them again, I decided to rest.

Q4TD: Do you ever interrupt your regularly scheduled workouts to rest?

1 comment:

  1. You're a very busy lady! haha, I hope you're have a fabulous week so far.

    an answer to your question, I'm actually doing that today!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!