Monday, April 25, 2011

Pesto Pizza

Pesto Pizza
Source: What Would Jesus Eat Cookbook

Ingredients:
Pesto
1 large thin whole wheat pizza shell
Slices of grilled free-range chicken
Onions, sliced (I omitted)
Tomatoes, sliced
Green bell peppers, chopped
Fresh mushrooms (I omitted)
Part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
Spread a layer of pesto over the pizza crust. Top with slices of grilled chicken, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until crust is brown at edges and cheese is melted.

I sprinkled the mozzarella cheese on mine and didn't overload it. That plus omitting the few ingredients mentioned above, my pizza was about 268 calories per slice.

If you try it, be sure to stop back by and let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!