Monday, August 22, 2011

Protein Powders

I seem to constantly be trying new protein powders. I need one that tastes decent (at the least), has high protein, and one I can stomach. With all my lovely food intolerance's, I have to be very careful what I consume.

The brand I'm finishing up now is Solgar Whey To Go, Vanilla. This one meets two of my three requirements; with 20g of protein per scoop, it's high in protein and is easy on my stomach. It does not taste very good though.
The brand that is in the mail on it's way to me is AllMax Nutrition Isofemme. I've had this before and it hits all three requirements. Well, 2.5 I'd say; it's a little rough on my stomach but not enough that I would avoid it. I  know it's the artificial sweetener in it, but I think there isn't a large amount of it which is why it only kind-of hurts my stomach. I got chocolate and vanilla - YUM!

I did a little price shopping and found a pretty decent deal on them and purchased them. THEN I decided I should do more research on actual protein powders. Kind of backwards, huh?!? I think so too. I have found the one I am going to try once these run out; Dr. Mercola's Miracle Whey. This brand has no artificial sweeteners and is completely natural. It also comes with a 100% money back guarantee. So while it is more expensive, if it doesn't meet all my requirements I can send it back for a refund.



Do you use a protein supplement? If so, what kind and what do you look for in a protein supplement?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!