Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Challenge Update – Day 9/100

Here are the updates on my 100 day challenge with Courtney from Run, Courtney, Run:

My goals for the challenge are:
1. Create and maintain healthy eating habits
I’m doing really well on this one!!! My mom’s birthday party was this past weekend so I had 2 pc of pizza, small sprite, 2 small pc of cake and half a cupcake. Other than that, the rest of my days have been good. It’s amazing how good you feel when you eat clean. I felt miserable after I ate all that stuff. I have more energy when I eat clean and I don’t have as many tummy problems (EXTRA BONUS!!!)

I usually have issues on portion control. So lately I’ve just been saying no to things I know I will not stop eating until I’m super stuffed (peanut butter and chocolate fudge/brownie goodness). Since all of this is new, I want to hold off a little bit until I think I have more control. I figure I will allow myself to indulge a little bit once or twice a month

I tweeted about this, but maybe one of my blog readers will know the answer. I gave up drinking (skim) milk because it hurt my stomach. I switched to Almond Milk and it’s still hurting my stomach. Any idea what it could be from?

2. Run 20 miles each week
I’m doing okay on this one. Last week I was a little short. This week, I’ve run 10 miles in 2 days, so I think I will hit my goal. YAY

3. Lower my body fat %
This one is going to be a slow process. I know scales are not very accurate for this, but that’s what I’m using to measure. The scale says I’m slightly lower than I was when I first started, so it’s a move in the right direction.



QOTD: How often do you let yourself ‘indulge’ in regards to food?

1 comment:

  1. I've done something similar like you have...for the past 3 weeks, I've been watching what I've been eating...making sure I make right choices and you are RIGHT! I feel SO much better when I eat good foods instead of gross unhealthy foods! Great job on everything you have done so far! I do indulge occasionally but not too often cause I can get out of control very easily! lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!